Current:Home > reviewsPrince William and Kate share new photo of Princess Charlotte to mark her 9th birthday -FundGuru
Prince William and Kate share new photo of Princess Charlotte to mark her 9th birthday
SafeX Pro View
Date:2025-04-06 18:47:33
Britain's Prince William and wife Kate released a new photo of their daughter Princess Charlotte to mark her ninth birthday on Thursday. The photograph, taken within the last few days by the Princess of Wales, shows the couple's second child smiling in the garden of their home in Windsor, west of London.
"Happy 9th Birthday, Princess Charlotte!" read the message accompanying the photo on the royal couple's official X account. "Thank you for all of the kind messages today."
Kensington Palace, the official residence of William and Kate, the Prince and Princess of Wales, regularly releases photos — often taken by Kate, who's said she enjoys photography as a hobby — to mark birthdays and other notable dates.
Happy 9th Birthday, Princess Charlotte! 🎂
— The Prince and Princess of Wales (@KensingtonRoyal) May 2, 2024
Thank you for all of the kind messages today.
📸 The Princess of Wales pic.twitter.com/2DSDiuO93c
About a week ago, the Prince and Princess of Wales posted a photo of their youngest child, Prince Louis, to mark his 6th birthday.
That tradition came under intense scrutiny in March, however, after a picture issued by the palace to mark the Mother's Day in the U.K. was removed from the servers of a number of major news agencies because it had been altered. Other photos attributed to Kate were later found to have been manipulated.
Kate later admitted editing the photo and apologized for causing any confusion, but by that stage the altered image had already sent rumors about her health spiraling out of control. It was released just days before Kate revealed she was undergoing preventative chemotherapy following the discovery that cancer had been present in her body.
That discovery was made by doctors carrying out tests following major abdominal surgery Kate underwent in January. The royal family has not said where in Kate's body the cancer had been present or provided any updates on her treatment.
William, who's next in line to inherit the British throne from his father, King Charles III, only returned to his official duties in April after taking weeks off to be with Kate during her treatment. Kensington Palace has said the Princess of Wales will only come back to public duties when her doctors clear her to do so.
Charles is also undergoing treatment for an unspecified form of cancer, but he returned to public duties on Tuesday for the first time since his diagnosis was revealed in February, visiting a cancer treatment center in London linked to a charity for which he's the royal patron.
- In:
- British Royal Family
- William Prince of Wales
- Princess Charlotte
- Kate Middleton
- Catherine Princess of Wales
Tucker Reals is cbsnews.com's foreign editor, based in the CBS News London bureau. He has worked for CBS News since 2006, prior to which he worked for The Associated Press in Washington D.C. and London.
veryGood! (724)
Related
- Can Bill Belichick turn North Carolina into a winner? At 72, he's chasing one last high
- Horoscopes Today, September 4, 2024
- Olympian Stephen Nedoroscik Shares How His Girlfriend Is Supporting Him Through Dancing With The Stars
- Mark Meadows asks judge to move Arizona’s fake elector case to federal court
- Federal Spending Freeze Could Have Widespread Impact on Environment, Emergency Management
- Ugandan Olympic athlete dies after being severely burned by her partner over a land dispute
- Keith Urban Describes Miley Cyrus' Voice as an Ashtray—But In a Good Way
- Donald Trump's Son Barron Trump's College Plans Revealed
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- 'King of the neighborhood:' Watch as massive alligator crosses road in North Carolina town
Ranking
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- Rory McIlroy, Scottie Scheffler to face Bryson DeChambeau, Brooks Koepka in TV battle
- GameStop turns select locations into retro stores selling classic consoles
- How Taylor Swift Scored With Her Style Every Time She Attended Boyfriend Travis Kelce’s Games
- New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
- YouTuber Paul Harrell Announces His Own Death at 58
- Love Is Blind's Shaina Hurley Shares She Was Diagnosed With Cancer While Pregnant
- 4 confirmed dead, suspect in custody after school shooting in Georgia
Recommendation
Most popular books of the week: See what topped USA TODAY's bestselling books list
19 hurt after jail transport van collides with second vehicle, strikes pole northwest of Chicago
Mark Meadows asks judge to move Arizona’s fake elector case to federal court
Ravens not running from emotions in charged rematch with Chiefs
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
Missouri man charged in 1993 slaying of woman after his DNA matched evidence, police say
GameStop turns select locations into retro stores selling classic consoles
Chloe Bailey Shares Insight on Bond With Halle Bailey's Baby Boy Halo